Pediatric imaging is a subspecialty of diagnostic imaging which recognizes the truth of the adage that “children are not small adults.” The evaluation of the unique diseases of childhood and the emotional needs of the pediatric patient differ significantly from the adult patient, and our pediatric imaging specialists are trained to optimally manage these differences. The technologists in our hospitals have also been specially trained by our pediatric radiology specialists, so that superior images can be obtained with the least amount of discomfort and anxiety for an infant or child.
Pediatric Radiology Exams and Procedures include:
More information about studies used in Pediatric radiology can be found in the Body Imaging, Neuroradiology, Musculoskeletal Radiology, Fluoroscopy and Ultrasound sections.
- Bone age (development) and adult height prediction
- Voiding cystourethrogram
- Gastrointestinal examination including the esophagus, stomach and intestines
- Computerized tomography (CT) of the brain, sinuses, chest, abdomen, and pelvis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the nervous system, skeleton and viscera
- Chest x-ray
- Ultrasound examination of the head, neck, abdomen and pelvis
- Scoliosis evaluation
- X-ray evaluation of skeletal and joint trauma and congenital malformations
Stelerad’s Pediatric Subspecialty Radiologists
|Dr. Arch||Dr. Fibkins||Dr. Williams|